3.5 Gallons BonsaiJack Organic Bonsai Soil Mix 221 (14 Dry Quarts)
Organic Bonsai Soil Mix 221
- Ingredients: 40% Pumice, 40% Bonsai Block(calcined clay), 20% Pine Bark Fines. All 1/4 Inch.
- pH: 6.4
- Absorption Rate: .077 ounces per cubic inch
- Evaporation Rate: 53.24% over 24 hours. 81.8% over 48 hours.
- Re-water Days: 1-2
- Bulk Density: .273 ounces per cubic inch
- Particle Size: ¼ Inch
- Minimum Size: 1/8th
- Maximum Size: 3/8ths
- Application: Universal mix for trees that are repotted once every 1-4 years.
Our proprietary soil mixes are a result of lab testing more than 100 potting soil blends and aggregates. Bonsai Jack bonsai soil mixes are optimized for pH, water absorption, evaporation, bulk density and particle size.
The soil mixes absorb a good volume of water and release more than half it over 24 hours. More than 80 percent of the water is released over 48 hours. This helps prevent wet feet and optimizes the wet / dry root cycle.
We understand the importance of trusted and safe bonsai soil mixes for your prized bonsai. Our bonsai soil products are backed by real science. You will not find us making claims such as "pH neutral". We do not use fuzzy math(measuring with cups, dry quarts or nursery pots) when measuring soil for packaging. Our soil mixes are not simply created by throwing infested soil ingredients into a bucket. We source and process bonsai soils with professional standards.
Did you know?
All of our soil products are state inspected and tested on a regular basis in order to comply with multi-state regulations.
This ensures you receive material free of dangerous pathogens that can damage or kill plants. This is also required to maintain six nursery stamps that allow us to ship to all 50 states.
Play it safe when handling organic material
- Wear latex gloves and wash hands
- Use an n95 mask when dust particles are present. Gearson 2130 N95 masks can be purchased for about 20 cents each. We provide these masks free of charge, simply call or email.
- Never handle organic material with open wounds. Rubber gloves are available at no charge, please call or email.
- Avoid cross contaminating soil by cleaning your tools with a bleach solution. 6 parts water to 1 part bleach.
Click the Additional Information tab for more details.